Jardin Majorelle 1924


Created in the 1920’s by the French painter Jacques Morelle, the Majorelle Garden is built around a small Art Deco workshop, painted a bright blue. A very special blue which is now a trade mark name. This workshop (studio) now houses the private collection of Islamic Art bequeathed by Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Bergé to the Trust who manage the domain.A lover of colours and Morrocco, Majorelle collected rare species from all over the world. Bougainvilleas, palm, coconut, banana trees and bambous are found in the garden as well as other exotic plants. Around the long central bassin, the garden has different secluded corners, suitable for the meditation or just a shady corner to sit and talk. The gardens have been opened to the public since 1947. However the renown of the garden owes much to Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge After the death of Jcques Majorelle the garden was neglected and it was completely renovated by the two masters of Fashion. The artistic talents of Yves Saint Laurent have made this lovely garden a cool and peaceful haven in the heart of Marrackech.
http://www.jardinmajorelle.com/en/

Se non segui ancora Blossom zine su Facebook, ti lascio il link qui, perchè noi ci divertiamo un sacco :) e siamo online con il numero di Blossom zine → LINK QUI per sfogliarlo ( una rivista di fiori e piante come non l'hai mai vista )